Why it is important to keep Crescent Beach clean:
- A clean beach sends a positive message about our community.
- We save our City money when it doesn’t have to pay someone to pick up trash.
- Much of the trash is not biodegradable so if it remained on our beach or in our water it would stay in our environment for a long time.
- Fish, birds and other wildlife can mistake trash for food and choke, get poisoned or sick.
- Even if wildlife doesn’t get sick, eating trash or human food can make them feel full and they won’t eat the nutritious food they need to be healthy.
- As trash breaks down chemicals can be released into the environment that makes people and wildlife sick.
- Litter attracts birds that hang around on our beach and cause pollution that may cause illness.